RE: [ST] Re: Front Sprockets....

original message:
>From: "Rupert Galea" <rupert@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
>When I replaced my front sprocket I could not justify the extra cost for
>a Triumph part. Does the Lilley part have the plastic? I swear I can
>feel extra vibration.
>Rupert

I recently replaced my front sprocket and chain.  I asked for the Triumph
front sprocket with the "cush" drive.  My Dealer, which I trust implicitly
told me it was a waste of money to buy the Triumph part.  He said the
sprocket is NOT a true cush drive, and that the plastic part is ONLY there
to cut down on noise to help the bikes pass the stringent tests they must
get thru (European requirements).  He said if it had any effect on vibration
it would be very minimal.  I believe him.  He is a stand up guy, honest guy.
  He could have let me buy the more expensive part and made more money, but
instead he opted to do what was best for the customer.

STeve