Re: [ST] Riding Protection

<<
To make a long story short, after my high side I decided to design
impact/shock absorbing under garments - specifically that which protects the
buttocks.

I did a search for "shock absorbing material" looking for a material to use.
Lo and behold I stumbled upon a website that already markets such protective
gear.  The shock absorbing properties look real good.  The energy
transmitted through to the body seem reasonable for the application.

I wanted to share this with all my fellow riders because it is important to
protect ourselves.  Let's face it, it's not a matter of if but when
something is going to go wrong.  The more protection we have the better our
chances of riding again.

After reading about the properties of the garments and knowing how my crash
transpired, I know that my injury wouldn't have been as bad as it was were I
wearing this at the time of impact.  Unfortunately I didn't know about this
then.  But, hind sight is always 20/20 eh?.

Here's the link: http://www.johnsonleather.com/armor/

If it could help just one person avoid the unpleasant experience I felt,
this post is worth it.  Keep on riding and keep the shiny side up.

Rich

Dainese has made protection undergarments as well.  A friend of mine raves
about his sixsixone "Pressure Suit" for dirt.  He's falled down a whole lot
in this gear and hasn't seriously injured himself yet.  An example can be
found at the following site.
http://www.motorcyclesuperstore.com/Manufacturer.aspx?Manufacturer=9
Pay particular attention to the "Bomber combo" pants.

Steven Kohlscheen
2002 Triumph Sprint ST
AMA life member #548538
HSTA # 9351