Re: [ST] New ST??

erik wrote:
> Sure would be nice to have a NEW ST ..not just a cosmetic upgrade, but me
> thinks the ST segment of the market really isn't all that important to
> Triumph. But maybe a new lighter weight Trophy with some of the good bits
> would do the trick :-)

As a former Trophy owner, I gotta agree with you here.  My '99 compared
pretty well with most of the sport-Tourers of its day but BMW, Honda, Yamaha
et al have raised the bar significantly over the last few years.  Hopefully
Triumph will move in the same direction.

I've always felt there was room for a more touring-oriented version of the
ST with more weather protection and a friendlier set of ergonomics,
comparing to the existing ST  like BMW's RTs compare to their RS models.
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST