Re: [ST] Underseat, ABS, and Chains/Shafts,

Nate have you read the review of the Ducati ST4s/ABS in this months
MCN..  110 ft from 60.. and the bike can do stoppies.  IMHO  ABS on a bike
makes even MORE sence than a car. Ever have to panic stop in the rain on a
bike.. if you ride enough long distance it will happen. ABS has saved my
ass on a number of occasions. And many , many single vehicle f-ups on bikes
are caused by locked up brakes. I really like knowing that in an emergency
I can go to 100% full braking knowing that I won't also have to worry about
locking things up. And yes I have praticed and used to practice full on
energency braking all the time on the ST. But in a panic braking situation
ie deer runns out , car pulls out from nowhere, I don't know anyone who
doesn't grap a whole hand full RIGHT NOW.. it's almost an involentary
action..just my $.02

Erik
03 K1200RS , Servo, linked, ABS brakes :-)

>As far as ABS is concerned, I'd rather not have it.  While it's a proven
>commodity on cages I've read mixed results on bikes.
>
>Nate
>00SprintRS

End of st-digest V2004 #370