RE: [ST] Truimph gel seat Vs. Corbin

Richard,

Corbin just lowered their prices on the Sprint seat model. They used to be close to $300. They are now $199. So, when you go looking on eBay, be sure to keep that in mind.

I just got one custom made. I'm very happy with the feel of it, but I will have to make another trip down there. The material they used (called the Black Accent material) has a flaw in it, and the leather is puntured all of the way through. You can see what it is supposed to look like on this page: http://www.corbin.com/material/textured.shtml. Since they'll have to recover it, more than likely, I'm going to see if I can get the black carbon-fiber when it is replaced. The accent material looks more prone to the possibility of punture than I'd like.

Given Corbin's reputation for poor customer service, we'll see how it goes. Dealing with the folks at the factory, they were all very pleasant and helpful. The guy even gave me a free container of leather conditioner. So, from their reputaion I have low expectations, but my experience was positive.

Cheers.

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST
San Jose, CA, USA