Re: [ST] Where's Bryce??

Whoops, sorry bout that.

I've been catching up on work (currently at a Cisco
Conference in New Orleans) and planning my next stage
in motorcycling....racing! :)

Anyway, it rained like all hell as is standard for my
trips it seems, but we did get 3 good days in the
Smokies.  I appreciate everyones routes suggestions,
and I had them all in my GPS, but in all honesty I
ended up just taking the slab in rain at times in
which cars pulled off the road it was raining so hard,
it sucked, but thank God I had Goretex.

Anyway...the triumph performed flawlessly and so did
the Ventura bags.  With the 90 liters of storage I was
able to bring my laptop for my buddy to download his
tracks and upload new detailed maps for his Garmin V.

As for the bike, once adjusted properly it was
awesome, the Penske rear shock is amazing and I'm so
glad I purchased it.  I road with the VFR ReVolt Fast
group the first day on the Gap and has no trouble, was
within my comfort level....then we went to the
Cherahola and 1/2 through the 53 miles I started to
see the VFR rider in front of me come 3 inches from
putting his knee down and that was enough for me, I
backed down as I was following the same lines and
presumably retaining just as little margin of
safety...at least for my skill set.  Something about
guard rails coming up at those speeds freaked me out.
Anyway, returned to the Gap for a million more runs
and ended up dragging a peg or two and I was happy,
and returned home safely, but with a sore butt. :p

I returned to learn a good riding buddy of mine, with
more skill, has broken both his legs dragging stuff
around cloverleafs, saw him in the hospital, that was
clue #1.  Then just this past Sat. out on a ride in
Mass, just north of Kent on Rt 7 b4 Limerock raceway
going 35 MPH, a buddy of mine T-boned a dear and went
over the bars, clue #2.  Bruised, but otherwise fine
due to good gear.  I believe he is now done riding and
I have to say I'm spooked just a bit.

Anyway...leading to this Thursday, I plan on buying a
used EX500 racebike track prepped, a trailer, and
taking my racing leathers to New Hampshire
International Speedway to get my rocks off next year
and severely drain my bank account.  I can handle the
lean angles, but I can't handle what's around that
blind corner, or gravel, or any animals I can't see on
the street.  I find I need to go faster and faster on
the street to get my adrenaline pumping and lean angle
on, on public roads.  It's unsafe and racing at the
track should be an even better rush.

Wish me luck!

Bryce