[ST] ST vs RS - help me decide

I've read http://www.triumphnet.com/st/faq/difference/strs.html but still have questions.

I've briefly ridden an ST (maybe 20 minutes) then a week later spent 40 minutes on an RS (both were 2001 models).

Are the riding positions identical? I'm used to an upright position and found on the test rides that I had to remind myself to keep
my elbows bent and use my back to hold myself up.

My style:
I currently ride a 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200. I spend about half my riding time touring with soft luggage thrown onto my bike. When
touring I use a Ventura bag/rack system and Tourmaster Cortech soft panniers (or saddle bags as we call them in the West :-). The
other half of the time I just use a tank bag. In both situations I love going fast on twisty roads and I abhor freeways and busy two
lane highways.

I do an ocassional track day (about one a year).

The last few sets of tires have been Metzler Sportec M1's and the rear was gone in about 3000 miles with no hint of a chicken strip
to be found. I currently have a set of Pirelli Diablo's mounted.

If there is any other information that I can provide about my riding style that will help you help me just let me know.

My bike: http://brian.nobles.net/images/zrx/brian06.jpg

Brian Nobles
Springfield, Oregon
Two '01 ZRX1200R's - His Rex & Her Rex