Re: [ST] Installing 'BackOff' brake light signal modulator

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004, Daniel Brown wrote:

> Has anyone installed one of these on the ST?

My ST came with one already installed, and it does blink both bulbs so I'm
sure you can get spliced into the wire before the taillight assy to get
where you need to.  The unit resides back there just in front of the
taillight itself.

I'm used to adding Hyperlights to my bikes, but haven't yet on the ST
because of the BackOff being there already however I will change it when I
run across a deal on the Hyperlights.  They just give me a better feeling
knowing they are brighter, and flashing, than the BackOff does.  I always
worry that the cage behind me will take the blinking of the BackOff to
mean I've let go of the brakes and am starting to roll, prompting them to
do the same.

FWIW,

- --
...still looking for a TW200...

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail