Re: [ST] loose mirror

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004, Mr Baker wrote:

> 	Does anyone know if there is a way to tighten the mirror swivel
> joint on an ST?  My right side was loose when I bought the bike (used)
> the vibes are driving me a little nuts (ok I'm already a little nuts),

As far as we know there isn't any built in adjustment or way to tighten
that up...

Try peeling back the covering boot (carefully) till you can get to the
"elbow" joint...then using channel locks with suitable protection (wrap
tape around the jaws, or use some thin pieces of wood) to protect the
plastic, gently squeeze the top and bottom of the joint to see if you can
tighten it up any.  Be very careful not to crush it!

Another poster mentioned a fix (not sure if in FAQ, Mods, or
Archive) whereby they used a nut, long bolt and washers to run down thru
that plastic elbow joint to put a little squeeze play on it.

FWIW, HIH, SDA...

 --
...still looking for a TW200...

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail