Re: [ST] loose mirror

I realized that these pics did not tell the whole story so I added 4
more pics.  Pic 3 is as it is stock without washers. Pic 4 shows two
washers used and the bolt and nut. Pic 5 is with the larger washer in
place. It's hole is big enough to allow alum. post to pass through and
acts as a spacer. Pic 6 is the second smaller washer on top of washer 1.
This applys the pressure when the bolt and nut are tighten down.  Notice
what looks like string hanging on it. This was my first attempt at
trying to make the mirror tight. I took a waxed string and wound it
between the stock washers in a effort to tighten it up. Worked for a
while but the bolt and washer fix is the best. pics are at
www.garlic.com/~agarvin
Al Garvin
San Martin, Cal.

Rupert Galea wrote:
>>Here are a couple of pictures of how I did it.
>>go to www.garlic.com/~agarvin   and click on the two jpgs.
>>Al Garvin
>>San Martin, Cal
>

> Very nicely done. I assume you cut down the aluminum post?
> Rupert

End of st-digest V2004 #383