RE: [ST] Installing CF tank protector

<<
I bought my ST used and it had one on already, but if I had it to do over
again I may have place the soft (loop?) part of the hook and loop onto the
tank instead of the hard (hook?) part due to the fact that when removed for
washing, the hook part snags washclothes and towels pretty easily.

Yes, I have that problem with the pad for the tank bag; the hook part gets
caught in my towel (or catches my vented jacket when I ride without the tank
bag).

To be honest, I'm surprised that the tank protector is attached with just
velcro; I would have thought it was more "permanently" attached.

Thanks,
  - Dave