Re: [ST] Hard Bag install help

In a previous email, Rich Pardo stated:
> On the back there is a piece call the "mudguard reinforcing bracket".
> It has two ruibber bumpers that mount on the outside of the rear mudguard.
>
> The mounting point is determined by the use of a template which I don't
> have.
>
> Can someone measure where this thing should go on the rear mudguard?  Just
> give me an offset from the bottom of the rear mudguard and from the inside
> and outside edges.
>
> Or if someone has the template, an image of that would be helpful too.

I don't have the template. All I did was put the bugger where it seemed
to make the most sense to me.

> 2. Anyone know where I can get the badges for these bags?  Just Triumph?

Badges? We don't need no steenkin' badges!
But seriously, I bought one from Jack Lilley a couple of years ago. I
forget but it was less then the $6 that someone else paid. I had also
ordered a few other bits so I didn't take a huge hit on the postage.

> Thanks all, especially Steve Lawler, for the help!

Glad to have been of assistance to someone. It sounds like whoever sold
you the bags didn't bother sending you the envelope with the
instructions, template or badges. I would hunt him down and kill him (or
her.)

- --
Steve Lawler
Verona, NJ, USA, Earth

2001 Sprint ST "Blue Devil"

"When the politicians complain that TV turns the proceedings into a
circus, it should be made clear that the circus was already there, and
that TV has merely demonstrated that not all the performers are well
trained."
            -- Edward R. Murrow