From: Rupert Galea rupert@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:50:52 -0400
To: ST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ST] fixing problems

Yesterday a friend let me use his garage so I was able to fix some of
the problems my Trumpet had. It turned into a long day.

The header came of easily and I took it somewhere local to have it
welded.
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/03.jpg
I believe I now know why the header broke. When I tried to put the
exhaust can back on I could not. The bolt that goes through the bracket
on the can was about 1/4 inch too far forward. You could force it on but
that would put a lot of pressure on the header. I elongated the hole on
the can and hopefully that relieved some of the pressure. I would have
liked to have removed some of the end of the header.

http://mail2web.com/ .