[ST] Aluminium radiator repair

Well this one is my fault... I think

So two weeks ago when I had the exhaust header welded I had to remove
the radiator. I though I was very careful when removing/replacing it. I
thought I had been smelling anti-freeze since then but there was no
leak. Well last night after almost 400 miles it developed into a leak.

I assumed I had dinged the radiator. This morning I cleaned the radiator
and ran the bike and I can see where it is leaking but there are no bent
fins in
that area so I am a bit confused.

You can clearly see where it is leaking in this photo (second row down)
http://www.rgalea.com/pics/rad.jpg

I did forget to reconnect the fan when I put everything together. But I
only ran it for 10 minutes and when the gauge was starting to rise and I
did not hear the fan I remembered so I don't think this has anything to
do with it.

I do not think the original owner ever had the coolant replaced. I had
the dealer flush and change the coolant six weeks ago. So it is possible
that the original coolant was in it for 5 years.

Has anyone had their radiator fail? I plan to remove the radiator and
take it to a radiator repair shop.

Rupert
99 ST