False neutral/using oil? (was RE: [ST] Chain / Sprockets - where to buy, what to buy)

On Tue, 1 Jun 2004, John Petrey, Jr. wrote:

> I hate false-neutrals. I have been getting a lot of them. Again, likely
> operator error. Whatever- pisses me off.

Me too, especially when it happens at high speed as in following a line of
traffic getting bored, see an opening developing, downshift 2 gears to get
ready, opening presents, hammer it, pass first part of line, upshift into
a false nuetral and revving the hell outta the engine, recovering,
etc.  Doesn't happen often but it did this past weekend and it pissed me
off!

Also noticed it looks like I'm starting to use oil.  Was about 1/2 quart
low before the trip so topped off to the upper line, on return from the
trip level is just under the upper line, mebbe a 1mm difference.  Gonna
have to keep an eye on it but at about 35k don't think it should be using
oil, never has in the past.  Thoughts?

- --

                               ._O_.  '99 SprintST
           -Bil-              /_\o/_\ '98 Thunderbird Sport       /~\
"No I don't want a pickle..."   /H\   '98 VFR800FI -hers    ASCII \ / Against
      bil@xxxxxxxxxx           (=O=)  '89 Hawk GT  -hers   Ribbon  X  HTML
"Drink Real Ale"  "Quch!"  66    U    AMA,CMHmoto,HSTA!  Campaign / \ Mail