[ST] Re: TriumphSTDigest Re: st-digest V2004 #293

FWIW,

I've owned my '01 Sprint ST for nearly 3 years, ridden in (almost) all
weathers and variable conditions, from commuting to track.  I've just
returned from a 2000 mile trip to Arkansas and 1100 of these miles were
fast and furious on that state's wonderful roads.  I kept up with an ably
ridden Ducati 999s and never hit a false neutral.  I have never had any
problem with the bike and haven't needed to change oil between 6,000
service intervals. Also accompanying us were 2 guys on BMW R1150 RTs (a
2002 and 2004) both of whom needed to add at least a quart of oil after
each day of hard riding!

 Before this I owned a '96 Trophy and had 15,500 trouble-free miles, except
for a sudden battery death - in my own driveway.  I can go on and on about
troubles that various friends have had with Japanese, German and Italian
bikes and have concluded (after discussions with my RAT group) that Triumph
makes some of the most reliable bikes available.  I am not star-struck...I
am 50 and had many dismal days of old on Nortons, BSAs and Triumphs.

Paul.