RE: [ST] Re: TriumphSTDigest Re: st-digest V2004 #293

<Bob has said it all.  Yeah, Bob.  With 34k on the clock when the Ins Co
totaled it, my ST never left me anywhere and only mis-shifted when I
did.

And no, I wasn't in the saddle when it was totaled.>

my '99 had 12K on it when i totalled it singlehanded. my litany of
reliability woes? sometimes the fuel pressure regulator whined.

i sat there with a State Farm check for more than i had paid for the bike
and contemplated what to replace it with - 919, R1100S, Futura, R1, Fat
Boy, VFR, VTR, FJR, etc. i have a lot of friends with nice rides; i got to
try out good gear, like a nice race-kitted R1 on twisty roads, and
thought, 'wow, this is some kinda bike!'. then i got back on my ST, and
thought, 'i like this better!'.

i did not hesitate to replace the '99 with a shiny new red 2001, which now
has 25,000+ on it.

the litany of reliability woes on the 2001? i wore out a chain too soon.
and sometimes the fuel pressure regulator whines.

bp
purely anecdotal