RE: [ST] It's been a true eye opener

I've tried posting the following three times.  So If it shows up more than
once, my apologies, sorta.

  :)

Seems I've been getting posts on this tread in a very non-sequential order.
This list sucks  :))))

Mark, thanks for the kind words on my occasional ride report posts.  And let
me say a few words on the subject at hand as well.

While I don't agree with your assessment of the Sprint-ST, in general, I
wholly support your right to your opinion and the right to post it here.
But you must have known you would receive SOME rebuttal, didn't ya??  It may
have been more abrasive than you expected, but it must have been expected.
That being said, I for one, really wish you would stay around, stir the pot,
and damn the torpedos, full speed ahead, brutha.

I am also very saddened by your negative experience with the Sprint.  I do
not think it is endemic to the entire model line as most on this list are
happy with their bikes (obvious problem areas aside).  I know I am, and I am
one of the few than had to have an entire motor rebuild, on my first '00-ST,
at 16,000 miles and one year old.  But I bought a second '00-ST and must say
it has been perfect so far, and I'm past 16K on it now  :)))   Is the Sprint
a perfect bike?  Hardly, but none are, as evidenced by the problems you can
uncover on any of the brand specific lists.

Lastly, Mark, hang in there (here) and don't let a flame or two drive you
away.  Hell, if I was to have let these bastards have their way I would have
been gone long ago, or a month ago, they never cut ME any slack  :)))   I
say, state your opinion, hold your ground and fire back.  In the long run
it's just a freakin' internet mailing list and has no real impact on the
real world  <bfg>.

And even if you sell the ST and get something else, stay around anyway.  We
haven't run Keith or Erik or Tom-E-boy, or Brian or anyone else
off........yet, for jumping ship.  Their loss, I say  ;}

Don't jump ship Mark, I will defend your right to be wrong with anyone who
wants to spar  <grin>

dunc

happy trails y'all,

Steve
   Duncan
Dallas
   Tejas

'00 Sprint-ST
(the redhead)

>From: Mark <redbull72@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>After sleeping on it, I have decided it best to remove myself from
>Triumphnet.

>>>big snip<<<<<<<<

>My favorite posts are Mr. Duncans photo essays from his rides, beautiful
>scenery, groups that include non Triumph owners as well all enjoying
>riding, simple honest sporting pleasure.
>

>Thank you to those who supported my right to complain, and are smart enough
>to understand the ability to improve the bike through dissatisfaction.
>
>Ride Safe,
>
>Mark
>99' ST (for sale)

End of st-digest V2004 #296