Re: [ST] NO Problem: survey

> It sounds like you think this survey is intend as a coverup or excuse for
the
> fuel connector problem. This "email survey" has no serious purpose.
David,
I whole heartedly agree it has "no serious purpose."  One thing I have
learned on these threads is that intent, purpose, meaning are in the eye of
the beholder.  I made what I thought was joke (it was one of the wonderful
oil threads) and my parentage became suspect and I couldn't touch my keys
without asbestos gloves.

In my opinion, and on a serious note, Triumph handled this entire situation
poorly.  Also, IMO and after replacing my fittings from the same guys in
York that Howard used, two things are at fault.  First the o-rings are easy
to tear and are probably not viton which is fuel, additive, and tear
resistant.  Second, take a look at where the connectors are placed.  It
looks to me that they bounce around between the tank and the frame.  Just
for good measure delrin wouldn't be my first choice, but it's cheap.  Both
BMW and Ducati have had similar problems with the plastic connector.  They
just handled it better.

If what one respondent to this thread is correct, that the new replacement
connectors do not hold the pressure in the EFI unit,  ask youself what
happens when you disconnect those fittings at 45psi.  Have we traded one
problem for another?

Rod