Re: [ST] Fuel Connector recall- more info

Not quite, Mark.  Both fittings have an internal spring-loaded valve(the
dry-break mechanism), which allows disconnection without any significant
fuel loss.  The way I read the recall info, we'll lose the one in the male
connector which means there will be fuel loss whenever the system is
pressurized and the connector is removed.
Rick in Oregon
'01 Sprint ST

> The way that I understand that it reads is, that Triumph will replace the
> male half of the fitting only with the heavier part. They are not going to
> replace the female half, that contains the dry break mechanism itself. At
> least that is how I interpret what it says.
>
> Mark Beegle

End of st-digest V2004 #301