[ST] Schwarzwald part 2 (long)

- ---Sunday May 30
I started were I ended the day before, in Wieslet. Via Hausen, Raitbach, Schweigmatt, Hasel, Wehr, Todtmoos-Au over the mountains to Gersbach, Atzenbach, Häg, Todtmoos-Weg, Präg, Todtnau, Todtnauberg. You see that there were several roads I already covered the day before, but I can assure you that I didn?t mind, because it?s not a punishment. Via Oberried to another dead end on top of the mountain Tote Mann. Road is in awefull condition and has an average slope of 17% over a distance of 6km but is worth the climb. Then to Kirchzarten, Stegen, Sankt Peter and Sankt Märgen. Above Freiburg you are travelling in the middle of the Schwarzwald with less steep mountains and more farm land, but nice views and nice more romantic curves. Via Neustadt along the Titisee. I tried to get into town, but it was all too touristic so I decided to twist the throttle again. Next stop was the Feldberg, the highest mountain in the Schwarzwald of 1493m and still had some ice on top. I ran into Diny and Dieter who were doing their own tour and we sat down and had a drink together.
Red road 317 is a convenient way to travel but I liked the yellow roads more.
Geschwend, Präg, Todtmoos, Sankt Blasien, Albbruch, Görwihl, Todtmoos, Wehr, Schopfheim, Maulburg was the long way back to the hotel, making me smile all the time. 315 km in 9 hours.

- ---Monday May 31
Since I heard many stories about it, I decided to visit the Rheinfall in Schaffhausen. Untill the town Hohentengen, the Rhein is the natural border between Germany and Switzerland, but from there it is rather morphed. Some rain and clouds were coming in from the southeast so I hunted the roads for the dry spots. Tiengen to Bonndorf is a good road with hardly any traffic, on the stretch of about 25 km I saw maybe 5 cars. From there to Grafenhausen, Ühlingen, Weilheim, Tiengen. Near Küβnach is a nice ruin on top of the mountain Küssaberg. Via Hohentengen, Rafz, Jestetten and Lottstetten to Neuhausen where you have to line up for some parking space. The Rheinfall is the largest waterfall of Europe and made Schaffhausen to an important town, because all the ships have to be reloaded there. There is a small boat going to the rock in the middle of the waterfall, but you can also walk the railroadbridge to get a good view of the waterfall.
Jestetten, Dettighofen, Grieβen, Geiβlingen, Tiengen, Weilheim, Bannholz, Niedermühle, Wilfingen. From there I decided to travel white roads across the Dachsberg. This can be done on a quiet day  like a bank holiday only, because these are roads that are used for lumberjacks and are only 2,5m wide. Two cars cannot pass each other there, a car and a bike can pass each other barely. You can see more wildlife on these roads. I didn?t plan the trip any longer from there but decided to follow the wind and so I went from Ibach to Lindau, Wilfingen, Hechwihle, Birndorf, Birkingen, Dogern, Albbruck, Görwihl, Strittmatt, Todtmoos, Wehr, Schopfheim, Steinen, Schlächtenhaus, Endenburg, Kirchhausen, Sallneck, Tegernau, Wieslet, Steinen, Maulburg to the hotel. 351 km in 10 hours time.

After about 1000km in 3 days in the Schwarzwald it was enough. At least for a while. Ok maybe a month then. All right I?m already missing it.

- ---Tuesday June 1
Trip back home. Saying goodbye isn?t easy but knowing that it was time well spent in good company and in a beautiful landscape how could I think of complaining?