Re: [ST] Something funny

Andrew Libby wrote:

>MCN has an article this month whilch builds a case towards attributing
>increased motorcycle fatalaties to increased SUV registration. It's a good read.

With such an absurd premise, It cannot be a good read.  Satellite dish
registrations are increasing dramatically.  They are equally to blame.
This is just some California wacko with a woody for SUVs wanting to
blame them for everything.  I don't have one either, but I don't have
any "cages" as well.  My family has a car, a pick-up and 2 motorcycles
(and 6 bicycles).

>Even though the article does not do a good job making the case, I certianly
>feel that the casual mentality of most drivers today is the cause for a lot of
>accidents in and out of the motorcycle world.

Now, this I agree with whole-heartedly.  However, how is this different
from when I was riding regularly 20 years ago (before children and a
multi-year gap)?   There are more people, now and therefore more
traffic, plus cellphones, but the problem has always been with us.
Remember the cute 20-something putting on mascara driving to work?
They're still doing it!

- --
John Albright
'02 RS