RE: [ST] Something funny

<<Yet they give anyone a standard driver license with a written test that a
monkey can pass.  I don't get it?>>

I was talking with a friend about exactly this the other day; it's much
worse than that.  You can get less than 100% on the tests and pass, and the
answers don't appear to be weighted in any way.  So, for example, you could
fail to recognize a stop or yield sign, and that has the same weight as
failing to know how far away you need to dim your high beams.

And, based on the driving behavior that I see around here, a large majority
of the driving public has no idea what STOP means.

And it's even worse than that!  You can fail the f***ing test 20 times, 50
times, 100 times, it doesn't matter.  All you have to do is guess enough
right answers ONE TIME, and they'll give you a license.  And you never have
to take the test again.

Just by sheer coincidence, many people are on the road that shouldn't be.
That's what scares me...

Not only should we have mandatory training, but we should have mandatory
re-certification to make sure everyone keeps up with changes in traffic
laws.

  - Dave, who intends to take the MSF class every two years...

http://mail2web.com/ .