RE: [ST] Something funny

I hate to stomp on the 'I have a dream' stuff, but let's be real. We're SO spoiled here in the states, it would never happen. Just a hint at that kind of effort would illicit such a group whine from us that it would be heard on the other side of the planet. I love the my country, but let's face it, we tend to be the biggest wusses when someone tries to snatch away what we perceive as a right.

Don't get me wrong, the idea is fantastic and I'm all for it. I'd be one of the first in line if it meant I got to go unlimited speeds in the #1 lane on any highway. I think it should be much more difficult to be certified to drive, but sadly, we lack the collective chutzpa to enact such rules (no matter how much they would make things more safe), when it would make things more inconvenient. And that's not even to mention, how the lobbyists would rip the poor sucker apart before it actually became law.

I'm afraid, for us motorcyclists, giving the guy the extra room to be a lousy driver is the thing that is most likely to keep us alive.

How's that for a buzz-kill...

:-)

Peter Chittum
'01 BRG ST