[ST] Biased Survey

Since we are all motorcyclists, I know the answer to this question is a bit biased but I'll ask it anyway.

Which is safer?

1) Riding on the street (includes hwy)

2) Riding on a race track (i.e. track day)

3) Practice/racing on a race track.

Where can I find statistics to back it?

You see, now that I'm feeling much better, I'm itching to get back on the race track.  So I'm trying to rationalize that, although I'm practicing/racing, it's still safer than riding my m/c on the street.  Granted my first mishap, in the 15 years I've been riding on the street, happened on a race track.  But I'm still convinced that the race track is safer.  I just need to prove it.

Yes, the wife is against my getting back on the track but yet doesn't object to street riding.  Heck she wants to get her own m/c soon.

Hence, why I need to prove otherwise.

I need HELP!, but it needs to be factual :)

Rich