From: owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-st@xxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
Wagnon Law Firm
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2004 2:48 PM
To: ST List
Subject: [ST] sprockets and speedometers

Listers:

I asked my local Triumph dealer to change my front sprocket at the 6,000 mi
servicing for my '03 ST.  I said I wanted "to go down one tooth on the
front."  The guy said I needed a 17-tooth sprocket.  Now I read that my bike
had an original front with 19-teeth.  Thus, I went down 2 teeth instead of
1.  Needless to say there is a dramatic difference!  I haven't ridden it
much since, but I have noticed that my speedometer is WAY OFF.  Is there not
any way to calibrate the speedo?

Does anyone else run 17/43?

Jeffrey W. Wagnon
Gadsden, Alabama