[ST] Small problems (common?)

I've had a couple of minor issues with my ST and I wonder if they are
common.

1. Has anyone had problems with front turn signal lenses falling off?
When I picked up my bike (less than a year ago) the dealer informed me
that on his test ride of the bike a front turn signal lens had fallen
off. He called me when a new one came in and they replaced it free of
charge. He said they had to replace the entire turn signal unit because
the lens does not normally separate from the housing. Now, less than a
year later, another front turn signal lens has fallen off. I don't
remember which side had fallen off previously... so I'm not sure if
it's the one the shop replaced. I'm certain I did nothing to cause it
to fall off. I haven't talked to the dealer yet... but isn't this
something they should replace under warranty? Is this a common problem?

2. I recently removed my stock windshield to try a taller one. The
edges of the stock windshield that are hidden behind the body work are
deteriorating. The lowest two mounting holes have cracks and the edges
of the screen are getting crumbly. A short (for now) crack has started
to run up the shield from near one of the bottom holes. I've never used
any chemicals on the screen... and I've never torqued on the screws.
All of the mounting holes have rubber grommets except the bottom two...
which had nothing protecting them. The holes with the grommets are
holding up fine. I'm wondering if the screen was installed improperly
by the dealer... shouldn't the bottom two holes also have some kind of
rubber grommet or other protection... rather than just having the screw
go through them unprotected? Could anyone who's had their screen off
please describe how there's was mounted?

Other than these two things, the bike has been trouble free and I'm
really enjoying it.

Shawn
Los Angeles
'02 BRG ST