Re: [ST] dead batt/engine light

OK, three heating cycles it'll be, but thinking back on recent rides at
night and pulling up to a stop light, I remember the lights dimming very
slightly and I can see a dim to bright flickering in the speedo with the
engines idle.  I checked the alternator and if my old eyes are seeing my
cheap, hard to read analog voltmeter right it is only charging at 12-13
volt range which is low, right?  So if the alternator is not charging
properly can it be repaired without buying a new one?  I get very
paranoid over things like this, but at least it happened in the garage
and not out in the middle of no where.  I never have the parking light
so that would be out.

Tim

Rick & Joyce wrote:

>Tim,
>If history is an accurate guide, the light will go out by itself after three
>heating / cooling cycles. No worries.  Just ride it.
>Rick in Oregon
>'01 Sprint ST
>

>>Today I went out to go for a ride and my battery was dead.  I had a new
>>battery installed a month ago and have not had any problems in 1500
>>miles.  I charged the battery and started the bike and now the engine
>>light is on and stays on.  Anyone have a clue where to start?  I am
>>absolutely helpless with electrical problems of about any nature.  The
>>bike is an 00 RS and has 49500miles and have never had an issue until
>>this point.  Any advice or knowledge on this problem is greatly
>>

>appreciated.
>

>>Thanks in advance,
>>
>>Tim Elliott

>*
>

>>      The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack Lilley Ltd.
>>          http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for more info

End of st-digest V2004 #317