RE: [ST] Trying yet again - splitting this up

> Part Two:
>
> I have noticed a whine from the front-end from some time - it got
worse
> on this trip. I also noticed a definite slight grinding noise/clicking
> noise when coasting -i.e. not engine related (I don't think). Also, my
> front brakes judder as if a rotor is warped - not sure if this is all
> related to the other symptoms (front bearing maybe ??) or not. Anybody
> have similar symptoms (and more importantly - solutions) ?? Apart from
> that the bike was superb - fast when it needed to be (thank you thank
> you Valentine 1 for saving me at least 4 times - I was only pulled one
> in MI and he pinged me and before I had chance to react to the V1, he
> had me) and just fun to ride. Most I did in 1 day was 600 miles and I
> could have done more but it was late and I was apprehensive about the
> local wildlife which come out at dusk and dawn. Just a super ride.
> Autocom worked well - eats batteries though, Valentine 1 worked very
> well, soft bags were good (in 3.600 miles I had 15/20 minutes of rain
- -
> which I still cant quite believe even now).

Kevin,
This sounds like the wheel bearings. Mine gave out on Saturday and
quickly got worse. If you want to discuss the symptoms give me a bell.
PC should have been able to check this by putting the bike on its stand
and checking for free play.

They are a generic bearing and Bikeworx has them in stock for about $10
each. Triumph want $40 each. To do the job right you should order the
dust seal and circlip from Triumph. I do not have time and since the
bearings are sealed and most likely the old seal is OK it is not a big
deal.
Rupert
617-395-0242