RE: [ST] Goodbye to ST

Richard,

You'll continue to find more joy with the Tiger as time goes on. A good
friend of mine owns one. Now I should tell you a little about his
background. He was a motorcycle courier in Dublin for a number of years, and
has owned more different kind of bikes over the years than he can count. He
owned an R1 for just a few months, as well as other sportbikes of all
different makes. He swears he'll not be beholden to any make. Still, the
Tiger is the first bike he's really stuck with.

Last year at Triumph Track Day (please sign up for this year's event
friends!), Mick had a spill in the wet with his big green pussycat. Due to
some light scratches on the frame, his insurance company totaled it, but he
loved it and bought it back. Over the winter, he added Dymag forged aluminum
wheels, Ohlins shock, and RaceTech fork rework.

Prior to doing this, I found no one in our Northeast Triumph Sport Riders
group who could catch him, if he didn't want to be caught. With the
upgrades, (which an '05 Tiger carries some of), he rides circles around
Daytonas, Sprints, and whatever else comes his way. I rode it before the
upgrades, and was SO impressed I thought of trading in my beloved RS for
one. (Finances keep me on my paid-for RS, however.) The Tiger is undoubtedly
the best-kept secret in motorcycling. You'll be very happy with it.

Ken M.
'00 RS
Spencer MA USA

P.S. - Mick did buy back his Suzuki RF900 though, and calls that the only
OTHER bike he'll never part with.