Re: [ST] Stupid Vermin Deer

Rod and Steve,

Each year the first week in Dec., I do my part in reducing the deer
population.  Legally and with my .280 Remington.  That's deer season
here in PA.  Buggers are really tasty and it's my revenge.
Total of 3 cars and 1 truck they ruined for me.  Luckily no bikes yet,
although I had one jump over me while test riding a mini bike.

I have found that flashing your headlight at the four legged beasts
seems to alert them that there is something coming and most times they
move out of the way.
The one mile back road to my house is like a demo derby obstacle course,
lots of deer and corn fields, so you don't have much warning at all.
Sorta like driving in a tunnel with deer popping out in front of you at
any time.  Hmmmm, might make a neat video game???

Also, the current issue of Motorcycle Consumer News had an article on
this very topic.  Not really any suggestions other than warning oncoming
bikers to alert them to the hazard.

When ya see em in time - slow down.

Dave Bardell
MillerSTown, PA