RE: [ST] Re: Brief trip report then back to lurk mode

THANKS !!!  For the ride report Adam.  A very nice area to ride indeed.
I've only made it over there three times ('83, '00 & '01), but always a
great trip.  Of course it is 1500 miles from Texas/Oklahoma, but worth the
trip.  The southern half of the BRP is the bomb, even with a 45mph speed
limit  ;}   Did you ride 28 over by Fontana Dam and to Deals Gap?  And the
Cherahola Skyway?  Did you get down the the Blue Ridge M/C campground,
that's a hairy road down from the BRP.

Riding solo is actually my preferred mode of touring.  I get more miles in,
and seem to have more adventure.  Definitely meet more people, maybe it's
"our" mindset, when with a group we tend to interact with the group at a
stop but when alone we are more approachable by the citizens.  And hey, I
never met a stranger I didn't like, at least at first  :))   One of my great
pleasures, on the road, is yakking with the locals, you can learn a lot
about the local roads, sights and some great places to EAT, especially good
pie.

Rain happens, I guess you are a veteran of that now.  Glad you enjoyed the
ride.  Thanks for sharing, bro.

Oh, yeah, and the Sprint was "flawless" ehhh?  Who woulda thunk it?  :))))

donut

happy trails y'all,

Steve
   Duncan
Dallas
   Tejas

>From: Adam C Williams <sprintpgh@xxxxxxxx>
>
>Hey All,
>         Returned from my southern sojourn Thurs. past - worst weather
>I've ever ridden in but best trip I've ever taken! Sprint was flawless as
>usual, even though you could not tell what colour it was after the 2nd
>day...I've done many miles in the rain, but this trip I really lived in
>it. Can say that I actually learned to ride in the wet last week.