[ST] Re: more N.C. Trip Report

STeve,
        No, never made it south of the Linville area this year, although
I have ridden Fontana/Deal's Gap area extensively over the last 4
summers. Ran into a Beemer guy at a gas stop on the BRP who recommends rt
2 near the Nantahala Lake. Looks good on the map, but I didn't get
there... are you familiar with it? (Beemer guys - never can tell. Sprint
guys - take it to the bank...)
         Although BRP -is- posted at 45, my drill is (carefully) signal
left, trigger passing lites, overtake, wave/nod politely, signal right,
watch passee rapidly dwindle. Lather rinse repeat. Have to do this often
or else ones ride can be less than invigorating. The videoing British
couple mentioned previously were victims of my procedure and did not seem
offended when they stopped to ask directions. As they pulled up with
those tinted windows, though, the proverbial Glock/Tankbag was a nice
comfort...
        Traffic was VERY light all the way down. Saw one L E personnel,
with 2 busted Triumphs near Rocky Knob on Tues AM. A Trophy and an
Adventurer from CT. IIRC. Anyone here? Hope not...
        Hey STeve, what gives?? I thought this was the Black Hills week??

                Adam - yes,  flawless  * early *  99 ST