Re: [ST] A different brake fluid question

I've done the Skyking conversion as well and it gives
much more power though the feel is very different and
requires a little adaptation time.
I have the Gen-Mar risers and the 30¨" brake line that
Skyking sent with the kit was too short to get to the
left caliper. He then sent a 34" at no charge and it's
plenty long.
It's a good idea to fit Speed Bleeders while doing the
job. They make later bleedings much easier.

Recycling brake fluid: Dealers usually recycle used
fluids if you ask with a smile and buy something from
them (oil, pads, whatever...). Most counties or cities
have a recycling center as well.

- --- Rick & Joyce <rnjwes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Bottom Line: I got the SkyKing kit with a larger
> master cylinder and
> second
> > hose. MUCH better feel, no sponginess. You do have
> to use more force at
> the
> > lever though, but I'll trade better, more
> predicatable feel for that. I'm
> > not sure what percentage of the improvement is due
> to the second line vs
> the
> > larger master cylinder. I would think getting rid
> of the crossover hose
> > means you can really get the system bled well and
> that has to be a Good
> > Thing.
>
> Steven,
> I'm in Garry's camp on this one.  Do the conversion.
>  I'll be very surprised
> if you have any regrets.
> Rick in Oregon
> '01 Sprint ST
>

>      *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *
>       The ST/RS Mailing list is sponsored by Jack
> Lilley Ltd.
>           http://www.TriumphNet.com/st/lilley for
> more info
>    http://www.TriumphNet.com/st for ST, RS and