Re: [ST] Hole where one doesn't belong.

Sunday, June 20, 2004, 9:05:27 PM, Marco Beckwith wrote:

> The bike only has about 5k miles on it.

> Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

I can't tell too much from the picture, but it looks like you
threw a rod or something; the case looks to be split with pieces
poking out.  Am I seeing that right? Since you were able to coast
with the clutch pulled in, I'd say the tranny was OK and that
it's the engine that went.

However, if the bike has only 5k on it, is it still under
warrantee? Seems it should be, unless you don't ride very much.
If it's under warrantee, you should be OK, as that is certainly a
catastrophic engine failure and the damage should be covered.

- -Keith