Re: [ST] Oil Leak

Hello!

DCioce@xxxxxxx wrote:

> My '01 ST has developed a minor oil leak. I notice a small puddle under the
> right side that drips from the center stand above the exhaust after a ride. It
> does not seam to be coming from any vent lines in that area. Anyone know of
> the possible location of the leak?

As Brian said, bikes have a tendency to accumulate chain grease round
the front sprocket which can then dribble round the bottom of the
engine.  I had one 'splodge' on my garage floor and gave the sprocket
housing a quick clean.

About 100 miles before my last oil change I was getting the odd drip in
the morning under the engine, and it turned out it was coming from the
oil filter.  I couldn't get the oil filter any tighter (and I had the
replacement ordered), and the leak disappeared when I replaced it.  If
it is the oil filter, reach under the bike and touch the middle of it
and see if there's a drip there.

Hopefully it's nothing more sinister than either of these.

Andrew