[ST] Re: st-battery

In a message dated 6/22/04 10:23:01 AM, owner-st-digest@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I may not ride as much as I should to keep the battery charged but God man

this thing eats batteries.

I pretty much go through a battery a year even though I take it out over the

winter and trickle charge it, etc.  Just wondering if it's the same with you

guys and any theories you may offer as to what is killing the battery. >>

I am just now replacing the 2nd battery on my '99 ST electively, even though
it still seems to be working perfectly, because of the sudden death syndrome
to which modern sealed Yuasa's are prone. It has been in place > 4 years, and I
plug it in to my Battery Tender (more sophisticated than a trickle
charger-only dispenses juice when it is needed) every time I park it in my garage. The
battery is left in situ-no need to take it out of the bike. Dave Collins, San
Diego