Re: [ST] First question!

In your message regarding Re: [ST] First question! dated Wed, 23 Jun
2004 11:49:38 +0100, Stephen McSpadden said that ...

<Snipped>
>SM- My issue was with the harsh front end (for my slight 10 stone / 63.5 Kg) frame.
>SM-
>SM- This has been resolved with lighter fork oil and Hyperpro springs. The rear
>SM- is also better with the Hyperpro spring. However, what we did observe when
>SM- doing this work was that the damping adjuster did not seem to have a great
>SM- effect on the rear damping. Hence the comment (partially in jest) as to
>SM- what the "S" and "H" markings actually meant.

Just goes to show same bike, different rider I have the opposite
problem - the front end is too soft and dives on braking too much
when 2 up and heavily loaded.  This is about to be changed as I go to
a more viscous oil but in the meantime I just turned up the preload
and have had no problems with skittishness on the front end
(stand-fast a few wet sections of overbanding and "wrinkled"
[ice-damaged] roads abroad)

I think you need to have 2 bags of cenment - one on top of the tank
and one on the pillion seat ;-P  (I carry my bag of cement on my
front!)

- --
Mike Bostock
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx