[ST] Squishy brakes after getting re-shoed

A couple of other possibilities:

On reassembly, the axle should be tightened and the fork pushed down several times with the brakes applied to align the discs,forks, and axle BEFORE the axle pinch bolts are tightened.  If this step was left out, your discs might not be parallel with your pads.  Loosen the pinch bolts and push down on the forks a few times with the brakes applied.  This may sort it out.
If not, perhaps someone applied the brake with the discs out and pushed the pistons out far enough to suck in some air.  Bleeding the brakes will take care of it.
FWIW, everytime I have the wheels off, I take the oppourtunity to clean the calipers.  Brake dust build up is a known problem for STs.  It will lead to excessive travel of the brake lever but not, in my experience, "squishy" brakes.  But who knows.

David
'99ST

End of st-digest V2004 #337