Re: [ST] Iron Butt Record

Quoting Thomas Emberson <ate_st@xxxxxxxxxx>:

> simonb@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > Quoting Thomas Emberson <ate_st@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> >

> >>Up before dawn and start looking for a place to
> >>sleep when the sun goes down.
> >

> > Over here that would be up at 03:30 (It's getting light) and find a place
> > sleep after 23:00 (It's gone dark)
>
> Cool, so that's like 19 hours of sun light riding, most excellent. Can't
> ask for much more than that :-)
It's nice to able to finish work at 17:00. Get home, have tea, and still get at
least a four hour ride in.

Well two hours in reality, with two hours sat outside a bar :)

> I guess part of my point was that I believe in your bodies circadian
> rhythm. That is, if your body is used to being asleep between 2300-0500,
> you are likely not going to perform well during that time.

Perform or more likely for it all to got tarmac/sky/tarmac/sky DOH...

I wake up at 05:30 whatever the day.  But I might go back to bed again afer
being up for two hrs or so.

> Anyway, no matter what I am trying to accomplish, distance wise, it is
> still nice to be able to enjoy the view while you ride :-)

Yes indeed.  I'm off to Switzerland for a week tomorrow two up on the ST.
Five bikes and nine of us.

150 miles from South Wales to catch the Portsmouth ferry at 08:30.  Then five
and a half hours on the ferry to Le havre.  Then a very easy 140 miles down to
a hotel just south of Paris. Stop, eat and drink a little bit and sleep, then
on down to out Chalet in Switzerland.

 http://www.agia.ch/chalet/

- --
SimonB