Re: [ST] Ride to work

Zoltan Pavlakovich wrote:

> Just curious how many of you ride to work on a daily basis...

I tend to ride to work more in bad weather than in good, although I
don't commute habitualy.  It's only about 2 miles, so 25 minutes on foot
or 10-15 minutes on the pedal bike which are my preferred way of getting
here on sunny days.  I am also recovering from and learning to cope with
acute stress which had me hospitalised twice last year, so I need
exercise to get rid of those extra unwanted adrenalines my body uses to
try and kill me once in awhile :-)  If I didn't walk or cycle to and
from work, I'd do no exercise at all, apart from a bit of Yoga once a week.

I find it bizarre that there's a stigma associated with either
commuting, or not commuting, by bikers.  I can honestly say that every
time I approach the Sprint, whether to ride to work, go to the shops, or
blast into the hills, it puts a huge smile on my face just to know that
I'm going to be doing it, no matter how hard the wind is blowing, but at
the same time if I feel like a walk to work in the rain, or jumping on
the train to go shopping on a summer's day, I'd hate to be called a
plastic biker ;)

Oh, my girlfriend commutes 10 miles each way more or less every day on a
2-stroke 125cc Suzuki.  Now that's dedicated bikin' for ya!

Andrew