[ST] Re: Luggage Rack

Adam sent:
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 10:27:35 -0400
From: Adam C Williams <sprintpgh@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [ST] Re: "Luggage Rack"

        I know, I know - I shoulda paid attention...IIRC, a while back
there was a discussion regarding the high cost of the ST luggage rack.
Didn't interest me then, but now  I find the xtra space would be useful.
Anybody find an alternative? (besides the old milk crate/bungee deal)
What's the MSRP on the 'rack, anyway?
                Thanks,
                Adam

Adam (and others):  A few months ago, I was trying to pass along a used,
partial luggage rack kit taken off my wrecked '01 Sprint ST.  Price at that
time for a complete kit at my local Triumph dealer was around $205.  The
pieces I have do not include a bracket that lists for $65.  I am willing to
part with the partial kit (rack, two brackets, and fasteners) for $50
including shipping (in the 48 contiguous states).  The rack has some scrapes
from the asphalt, but is structurally fine.

Regarding riding to work, before I retired, I rode every day it didn't rain
here in northern San Diego county.

Rich Rumble
'04 Aston Green Sprint ST
'95 Yamaha TZ 250