[ST] IBA, for STeve and Dave

STeve wrote:
>Doug, no disrespect meant to you or the LD community.

>Doug, I truly respect what your capabilities are in terms of LD riding, and
>you are a "good egg" to boot.  I consider you a friend, hope you feel the
>same.  But, you know, riding at "80-85" IS speeding in every instance  :)))

I know STeve.  The problem with the written text is that it cannot always
project the touch of taking something light hearted and I've never picked up
using the semi-colens and parenthesis.  My first job out of school I was the
young guy from the midwest working on the east coast and learned very
quickly to have a thick rubber skin.  So it takes some real scathing
comments to get me upset, most everything that some think are upsetting I
just don't give much thought too or just let it roll off.

The SOB comment was about some of the heat that the list has seen recently,
a couple of bad eggs.  It's a friendly, helpful list but some, just a few,
people need to not take it all so seriously, whether taking shots at the
bike or defending it.

You said some good things, as always.  Yes, it is speeding, just a little
technicality.  I should have clarified the "safety" of the speed by also
mentioning that I have a negligible speed differential with traffic so as
not to be weaving in and out of traffic or drawing the attention of The Man.

Dave Bardell wrote:
>How many miles are on the ST now?

76K and change.  The Triumph shop in Toledo is getting me in tomorrow to run
the gameboy to find this fuel mileage problem, hopefully something simple.
If it contiues to run reliably I hope to have 100K by the Allegheny Rat Raid
in August, but that's going to be tough.  Mid 90's is probably more
reasonable.

Doug