Re: [ST] Iron Butt Record

I'm very much in awe of Mr. Eagan's feat.  Riding that distance with a
damaged bike, a broken toe, a dislocated shoulder, a leaking aux fuel
cell and who knows what else besides lack of sleep IS irresponsible;
very much so.  I'm a new Duc owner and I want to cheer the
accomplishment, but that is so stupid, I just can't.  Had he fixed the
bike and himself and started over, I'd be crowing about it.

B Parker wrote:

>i got flak on another list [Delphi's motorcycle tourer's forum] for taking
>the Gary Eagan / Ducati UCC ride to task. my point was that in getting it
>on radio talk shows and CNN, it was presented in a way that makes long
>distance look irresponsible. i was hammered because Gary is a respected
>member of the LD community, and the IBA only takes exception to
>'sponsorship' in the Rally proper.

- --
John Albright
'02 RS