Re: [ST] STer down

Janice I hope Jeff continues his recovery ok.

>I also knew I shouldn't take his helmet off, so I didn't know
>what in the HELL I was going to do if he needed CPR.

Every motorcyclist should learn the proper technique for removing a
helmet from a victim. I wish I could explain it, but it is probably
best shown and practiced before you need to try it on someone for
real. It takes two people to do it properly or you may do even more
damage.

It's important to remember that non-trained personnel should leave
the helmet on, but don't object when the EMT or Paramedic wants to
remove it. It's going to have to come off at some point, and should
CPR be needed, it's best to have the helmet already off rather than
waste critical seconds later.

Another important reminder (which Janice did) if you instruct someone
to go call 911, make sure to tell them to come back and let you know
they got through. Until they get back and tell you, assume they
didn't make contact, and keep trying other avenues.
- --
Matt Knowles - Ferndale, CA - http://www.knowlesville.com/matt/motorcycles
'99 Sprint ST - for going fast and far (2CZUSA)
'01 KLR650 - for exploring the North Coast backroads
'97 KLX300 & '01 Lakota - for playing in the dirt
'79 KZ400 - just because it was the first vehicle I ever owned