Re: [ST] Front Master Cylinder Upgrade

- --=======3FB37AA1=======

At 14:39 03/03/04 -0600, you wrote:

>Spud, no ill will here, but this is EXACTLY how rumors get started.  NO
>ONE I know has ever had problems with the SKYKING frame sliders.  There
>are those that have suffered ill effects in a get off with the MOKU sliders.

Steve,

I am a fan of SkyKing frame sliders. They saved me a fortune. The bike
currently has a set fitted and I hope to never have to prove their
effectiveness again. To be honest, your testimonial on the SkyKing website
was one of the reasons I went for them. Paul Malzahn's experience of July
last year was also a reaffirmation that I had made the right choice.
Their customer service is excellent and John was more than helpful with my
queries.

I have read one case (which I think Matthew Heyer also recalls) of one
occasion that damage using a brand of frame slider. I thought that was
SkyKing. I've checked my own archive and indeed Brian D's unfortunate
result was with the Moku slider. My most sincere apologies, as that is
simply a lapse of my memory.

Garry is also looking for a set on an RS. I've trawled through my own
archive and have only found praise for the ST versions and discussion on
the development of the RS version. I have no doubts that they are of
similar quality.

Next time Steve I'll not rely on my memory. Or maybe I should start
drinking again.

Suitably subdued Spud.
'02 BRG ST - with unblemished frame sliders - and one bent one on my desk
as a reminder of what happens when I don't pay attention. Maybe I should
have thought about that before my original reply. :D

- ---