Re: [ST] BMW F650GS

On Mar 3, 2004, at 5:26 PM, george wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with the BMW F650GS?  The wife is really
> interested in buying one.  My main concern is that because it's a
> thumper it might vibrate like crazy at highway speeds and become
> numbing after an hour or more in the saddle.

I can't say that I've done a lot of riding on one, but I have ridden
one back and forth to work several times when my ST was getting worked
on.  (My local dealer is a BMW and Triumph dealer, and it can be luck
of the draw when getting a loaner bike.)  Although it's anemic compared
to our mounts, it was actually kinda fun to ride.  Very upright riding
position, and while the thumper lets you know it's there, it isn't
obnoxious or numbing (at least, on half-hour rides).  I don't think you
get a lot of value for your money, but it doesn't seem like a bad
bike--especially for a starter bike or for the inseam-challenged.
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
President, Triumph Sport Riders Assoc.
San Jose, CA  (USA)