Re: [ST] Frame Sliders (was)Front Master Cylinder Upgrade

At 23:41 03/03/2004, you wrote:

>My apologies, Spud.  I did not mean to come off sounding so harsh.  It's
>just that I know how things get started sometimes, and just one little
>mis-statement can multiply on the 'net like nobody's business  :))  Just
>trying to nip it in the bud, so to speak.

You were absolutely right to correct me. And you're right about how such
rumours start. I'll be more circumspect in the future. While I've never met
you, I know it was meant with the best of intentions.

>And hey, I appreciate your comment about my testimonial having a positive
>impact on your decision to install these units.  Thanks, that means a lot
>to me  :)))   For those who don't remember, could you recount your get-off???

To cut a long story short, I didn't give myself enough stopping distance on
a very twisty road and encountered a stationary Heavy Goods Vehicle
(18-wheeler to non UK ST-ers).

I very, very nearly got stopped in time, but dropped the bike on its left
hand side. The only damage to that side was a damaged gear lever, the
footpeg broke in half and some scuffing on the (alternator) cover that
protrudes through the fairing on that side (only on 2002+ models). With a
few tweaks at a small garage to straighten out the lever, I was able to
continue on my trip away and returned home the next day.

I later discovered that the casing on that side was actually cracked all
the way through. It looked like light scuffing only, but on removal I
discovered the damage on the inside of that casing. That has now been
replaced.

The radiator (that had been replaced 2 days earlier under warranty) and the
oil cooler were completely unscathed.

Finally, John does sell the sliders singly if you ask. :p

In short, they worked for me.

- - Spud.