Re: [ST] HP Restrictions?

On Mar 3, 2004, at 4:17 PM, STeve Duncan wrote:
> And when pressed, I find most of them don't even freakin' RIDE a bike
> or have an MC license !!!!!  Unbelievable.
>
> Another reason I prefer the Eurobike dealers, more informed staff and
> usually someone who actually rides!!!

Funny story:  When I went to pick up my very first motorcycle from the
dealer, I had to wait a bit for the mechanic to finish some work he was
doing on it.  So, I sat down next to the sales guy who sold me my bike
and started talking about riding, hoping to pick up a few tips, etc.
My sales guy was what I now know to be a "squid," as he regaled me with
stories of popping wheelies and smoking tires on his TL1000.

Just as he was getting good and spun up in his story telling, a local
police officer walks in and makes a bee-line right for my sales guy.
Turns out the two were friends, so the officer's presence didn't deter
my sales guy from finishing his tales of quite obnoxious behavior.  At
the end of a particularly colorful story about a smokey U-turn, a
wheelie, and an (unsuccessful) game of hide-n-seek from the local law,
my sales guy produced a traffic citation as proof that his tall tale
had at least a grain of truth to it.

While holding up the citation for me to see, the sales guy shoots the
police officer a sideways glance and pauses for a moment.

The officer quietly took the citation, said "I'll take care of that for
you," and walked back out of the shop!
- --
Blake "Dawgbert" Sobiloff <sobiloff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
President, Triumph Sport Riders Assoc.