Re: [ST] California bikes

I would say just look around!  I am in the Chicago area, and picked up a
91 Kawasaki EX500 for practically nothing.  This winter, while doing
maintenance, I found out that it is a California bike!  It has all the
emissions crap under the gas tank!
So you could be this lucky too!

Another option would be to look on the web for bikes for sale in
California, near where he is going to be, and then wait to buy until he
moves out there.  Lots of guys I went to school with bought bikes when
they got to school.

Anyway you do it, its a good idea!

Good luck!

>>> rude@xxxxxxxxxxxx 3/5/2004 7:35:32 AM >>>

I need some input from my list members in California, or who have
brought
bikes into Arnoldfornia.
A friend here in Texas has a son moving from high school to California
for
school. They want to purchase him a low cost bike for transportation
save gas dollars.
Is there a problem with 49 state legal bikes coming into the Golden
State
and then facing the tougher emission standards and registration?
It seems I've seen this issue many times before in the last several
years.
Any first hand help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Que Lastima, Jack "Rude Dog" Hays
972-952-5065
"I'll see you on the Dark Side of the Moon"

 *   *